Board of Governors
The school is managed by a Board of Governors which is responsible for the management of all aspects of school life. The members are:
|Ms Jennifer Beckett||Chairperson|
|Mr Alister Hill||Vice Chairperson|
|Mr Jason Moles
||Designated Governor, Child Protection
|Mrs Sarah Kerrigan||Governor|
|Mrs Lorraine Carson||Governor|
|Mrs Caroline O'Shaughnessy
|Mrs Heather Wilson||Parent Governor|
|Teachers' Representative (vacant post)|
|Mrs Kerry Porter||Secretary|
The Governors are ultimately responsible for the overall management of the school. Some of their duties include:
- The control of the budget.
- The oversight of the curriculum
- The provision of information to parents.
- The selection of staff.
- The maintenance of the premises (shared responsibility with the EANI).
- The Admissions policy.
- Fostering links with the local community and pursuing the objectives of mutual understanding.
Membership of the Board of Governors is entirely voluntary and demands quite a degree of commitment over a four year period. Many of our governors have served more than one term. Governors are required to meet at least once a term, but, in practice, meet more frequently.